Tuesday, July 14

I Heart Running

For years I've been wanting to train for a 10K race, and finally this summer I've decided to do it. I found a twelve-week running program that builds you from being someone who can barely run for 5 minutes (me), to someone who can run a 10K effortlessly (future me). Normally when I start a program I'm pretty driven to complete it, but this program was a little bit different. I'm pretty lazy sometimes when it comes to exercise. So I thought that I would probably give up pretty quickly.

But then I discovered that I really like to run. I'm in the third week of my training, and I love that high I get when I complete the time and distance I'm supposed to go. I like seeing that each day I can run a little bit farther and a little bit faster. The last few seconds are tough, but I love pushing through it because I feel so good at the end when I can say "I did it!" So hopefully for the next 9 weeks I can stick to the program. 10K, here I come!

2 comments: