Thursday, August 26

San Fran

This past weekend I was able to go home for a few days (which was wonderful because, is it just me, or is Provo getting old? Maybe it's because I feel like hardly anyone has been here this summer). But while I was home we took the lovely 1 hour and 45-minute drive to THIS place, and it was here that, in the case of me not being married/engaged/dating someone by the time I graduate and leave BYU, my future was decided. Ladies and gentlemen, in the possible event of me leaving BYU by myself, I'm moving HERE.

Don't ask me how, why, or when, but at some point I'm going to find a way to get myself here. Don't ask me how I'm going to afford it. I'm still juggling around a few career options that will hopefully help me pay to live in this fantastic place. They are: a public relations professional somewhere, an editor at HarperCollins, or a student at the California Culinary Academy. Granted, as a student I'm not going to have any type of good income, but maybe I can persuade people to pay me for warming their hearts with my wonderful culinary masterpieces. Who knows.

But anyway, I fell in love with this city all over again. I love the culture, I love the museums, I love the shopping :), I love the houses, and I love that it's right on the bay. I love the Bay Area in general. I was born there, so maybe that causes the ties that I have to that place. But there's just something about it that suits me. I love the weather. No snow, no extreme heat, but cold enough that I can wear cute boots and jackets. Wow, I'm slightly pathetic. I didn't realize my outfit options are a huge factor in where I want to end up someday. But seriously, how can you beat this?


2 comments:

  1. i love san fransisco, too! alexa, when you live there, may i come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. clothes are a perfectly good reason to choose a place to live. my hair is a prominent factor in considering where to go to school and live. curls plus humidity is never fun so i'd like to stick with my dry rocky mountain states.

    ReplyDelete